As per the Supreme Court Judgment and guidelines issued in 1997 to provide for the effective enforcement of the basic human rights of gender equality and guarantee against and abusing, more particularly against women harassment at work places, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued circulars since 1998, to all the universities, advising them to establish a permanent cell and a committee and to develop guidelines to combat sexual harassment, violence against women and ragging in colleges and universities.
Women's cells Scheme have started in the year of 2011 in Sir Issac Newton College of Arts and Science, Pappakovil , Nagapattinam.
|S.NO||NAME OF THE STAFF||DESIGNATION||POSITION|
|2||Mrs.S.VIJAYAKUMARI||Asst.Prof & Head / English||Member|
|3||Ms.K.AMUTHA||Asst.Prof & Head / Physics||Member|
|4||Mrs.T.KAVITHA||Asst.Prof & Head / Chemistry||Member|
|5||Mrs.J.SUJATHA||Asst.Prof & Head / Bio-Tech||Member|
|6||Mrs.SHEELA||Physical Education Director||Member|
Women's Cell is a growing community of women in our college, who share a common purpose to learn, educate and collaborate on ideas that have the power to effect meaningful and positive change while fighting the odds they face
- The Cell will deal with the cases / complaints of sexual harassment and any other type of harassment of the female students, teaching and non teaching women staff of the college.
- The Cell shall process all the individual complaints and take suitable action thereon in the manner and mode as per the University Act.
- The Principal will be the President of the Cell and may appoint members of the cell.
- Women’s cell activities are integrated within the academic year through different activities.
- The Cell may form / review the guidelines / policy for Redressal of the grievance as required from time to time, which may be in accordance with those issued by Supreme Court and Government Agencies.
- The Women’s cell functions to solve problems of women, enlightens student teachers about the ways and means of combating harassments, rights related to women and so many more of kind.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Student teachers were encouraged to write essays on women issues and the best essays are published in the college magazine.