The main concern of this hostel is character formation, along with intellectual excellence. All the inmates must co-operate with the chairman to achieve these aims.
The motto of SINC Hostel is "TOWARDS ALL EXCELLENCE". This hostel is meant for students of the Self Financing Courses and M.Phil. Scholars. There are 65 rooms (Single and double beds) that can accommodate 150 students. The boarding facility for the students is provided at the Hostel. A Reading room, a Television cum Music room, a volleyball court are the other facilities provided in the hostel.
Students are admitted into SINC Hostel only after they are admitted into one of the courses in the College, and after a personal interview with the Chairman. The parent must accompany the applicant. Membership of the hostel is for academic only. Senior students wishing to be readmitted must apply again in the prescribed form. Those students who have not behaved well or shown seriousness in studies may not be admitted again.
|Breakfast||7.00 Am||To||8.00 Am.|
|Lunch||12.45 Pm||To||1.25 Pm|
|Supper||7.00 Pm||To||8.00 Pm|
|HoliDays||8:00 a.m.||To||7:00 p.m.|
|WeekDays||4:30 p.m.||To||7:00 p.m.|
Hostel Authorities :
Rules and Regulations
Principal of the college is the chief authority of the hostel. The other hostel authorities constitutes of two Wardens, one Monitor and one Assistant Monitor.
- The principal will appoint two wardens for each hostel. The wardens shall be appointed from amongst the teaching staff of the college.
- The wardens with approval from the principal will appoint in each hostel one monitor and one assistant monitor from amongst the hostel boarders for the period of one year. The Monitor shall be exempted from paying the seat rent and hostel common room fee for his/her tenure. The Assistant Monitor shall be exempted from paying the seat rent for his/her tenure.
- The wardens will manage the hostel along with the monitor and assistant monitor, who are to assist them in every aspect.
- In case of absence of both the wardens in the college campus they shall appoint a warden-in-charge, who will look after the hostel matters until their return.
- The college shall provide accommodation in its hostels subjected to availability of vacant rooms in the hostel.
- Every boarder must remember that the hostel is their home on the campus and therefore, the boarder should behave himself/herself on the campus as well as outside in such a manner as to bring credit to him/her and to the Institution.
- All the hostel boarders are required to follow the hostel rules and regulations. Violation of any rule will make the inmate liable to disciplinary action including expulsion from the hostels and also from Institution. Students during their stay in the hostel will be governed by the hostel management rules.
- Boarders shall follow the instructions of the wardens. Moreover, they are bound to take and carry out the responsibilities and duties assigned to them from time to time.
- Boarders shall occupy a seat/room only during the semesters. No student will occupy a room during vacation. However, he/she may be permitted by the warden to stay on request if he/she is doing any course work/project work/Institute work/Hostel work.
- For any complaint, no boarder shall directly approach any higher official without approaching the hostel monitors or wardens.
- The boarders must clear all the outstanding dues (including fine if any) at the end of each semesters. Failing of which notice to his/her guardian shall be sent to clear all the outstanding dues.
- If any resident falls sick it should be informed to the hostel monitor, the Warden on duty must also be informed immediately and the warden will make arrangements to shift/ evacuate the student to the hospital and look after her/him.
- Electric bulbs, tubes, fans etc. will be supplied by the college only at the time of fresh admission to the hostel. Replacement of the same shall be responsibility of the boarders.
- Any problems related to electrical wiring, damage of electrical items due to electrical shock, fading of wall paints shall be reported to the wardens through the monitors.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in any form; if someone found guilty, severe action will be taken against him/her.
- Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture or any furniture/property or fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden. If any individual or group is identified to have caused the damage, double the cost of the damaged property will be recovered from them. Repeated acts of causing damage to the hostel property will result in expulsion from the hostel.
- The hostellers themselves are personally responsible to safeguard their belongings. Hostel authorities will not be responsible for any loss of personal belongings and such complaints shall not be entertained.
- Students should not possess or consume any tobacco/alcohol/drug items inside the campus. Anyone found indulging in use of such things will not only be asked to vacate the hostel but also be expelled from the institute.
- Cooking in the hostel rooms is not permitted. Possession of cooking material, induction tops, stoves, heaters etc will invite heavy penalty and repeated offence may amount to expulsion from the hostels.
Hostel Leave Rules :
- Boarders must obtain prior permission from the competent authority before proceeding on leave. Students are required to obtain the signature of the local guardian/parents on the leave return form and submit the same to the warden after their return.
- Leave from the hostel shall be granted by the Wardens. However for leave of more than two days, prior information to the wardens shall be conveyed from the parents.
- Absence from the hostel without prior permission from the Warden is to be considered as an act of gross negligence and misconduct and would be liable for disciplinary action.
- Guests are not permitted to stay overnight in the room of the students without prior permission from the warden. The student must get permission for keeping his/her guest in the guest room of the Hostel from the concerned Warden In-charge (Not less than Rs 100 per night per person).
- Female guests are not permitted to stay in Boys Hostel. Likewise Male guests are not allowed to stay in the Girls hostel.
- A boarder keeping a guest without permission is liable to be fined. However in case of emergency the wardens shall be contacted over telephone for getting permission..
- Guests are allowed in mess only with prior permission and on payment of charges as applicable (Mess fees will be decided by the catering party).
- There will be two guest rooms in each hostel, for special personals invited by the college. The guest rooms may also be provided to guardians with special permission from the wardens.
Night Roll Call :
- All boarders must remain in the hostel according to hostel timings.
- Attendance will be taken every day at 7:00 P.M. by the monitor/assistant monitor of the respective hostels. The monitor/assistant monitor must ensure that the boarders are personally present while taking attendance.
- Boarders who have special permission to work late in department or any other work will be exempted from hostel roll call. Although, they must sign the In-Out Register of the hostel.