The Motto of NSS, "NOT ME BUT YOU", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person's point of view and also show consideration to other fellow human beings.The College has 1 unit for men and women, with strength of 50 volunteers. Every student member of NSS should serve for at least two years with 120 hours of Engagement in community service, per year, excluding annual camps. At the end of two years of satisfactory service, every student member will receive the NSS Certificate, which is considered as equivalent to a diploma in Social Service..
Name :- Mr.S.Arunvasan – Asst.Prof - Dept of Mathematics.
National Service Scheme (NSS) are: Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community..
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and Practice national integration and social harmony.